MORELLINO DI SCANSANO WINE EXCURSION

price upon request

This Tour Includes



Pick-up/Drop-off at your accomodation

Guided Tour of the Wine Cellars accompanied by an Expert Guide.

Guided Wine Tasting of 3 Selected Wines and Extra Virgin Olive Oil accompanied by fresh bread.

Visit of Magliano’s Oil-Mill with a tasting of Extra Virgin Olive Oils.

Dinner


Morellino di Scansano Wine


The Morellino di Scansano wine’s popularity has grown significantly in the last ten years, although this fabulous red wine boasts far more antique origins. In fact, the history of this wine dates back to the Etruscan and Roman civilizations, who not only masterly cultivated vines, but also experimented new techniques that are still used today for the production of great wines. The arrival of the Romans in 280 BC, marked an important development of agriculture and in particular of viticulture.The many remains of antique casks are a clear testimony of the widespread production and commercialization of this territory’s wines.

Morellino di Scansano is a red wine which is produced in the Tuscan hills surrounding the Medieval Town of Scansano. The Morellino wine has an intense ruby red color which tends towards a garnet red as it matures. Its scent is as intense as its color, fresh and fruity. It is a full flavored warm dry wine, defined as an excellent expression of Sangiovese thanks to the area’s particular climatic characteristics. The daily heat mitigated by light nocturnal breezes brought in from the sea give the wine an extraordinary harmony and a softness which further develop during the wine's maturation.

In 1978, this historical wine was recognized with the DOC denomination and was upgraded to DOCG on November 29th 2006. It is made from at least 85% of Sangiovese grape with the remaining 0–15% comprised of any non aromatic black grape which is included in a list that is drawn up by the Tuscan Region’s local authorities.